Being a newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic is a daunting prospect, however what you don’t realise at first is that it will make you ten times mentally stronger, it will NOT stop you from doing anything and there is an amazing community out there to support you every step of the way.
Please consider joining mine and my fellow diabetic friends’ communities over on Instagram:
Duncan – @type1diabeticpilot
Chris – @cptwilko
Caroline – @peaceloveinsulin
Brandon – @brandonmouwofficial
Sam – @sam.pritch_
This video was only made possible by my fellow diabetic friends over on Instagram, without them this video would not have been made nor released. A big thank you to them for helping me out with this video.
Please also consider donating to these amazing causes below, helping find a cure to diabetes and providing medical care and support to disadvantaged young people with the condition in Southeast Asia.
Don’t be burdened by the negative sides of diabetes, look on the bright side.
– It won’t stop you doing anything.
– You can eat whatever you want.
– You can refuse food you don’t want and blame diabetes – nobody will dare argue.
– You’ll get free prescriptions for life.
– You’ll get regular health checks for life.
– You get some really cool techie stuff: pumps, meters etc.
– You can eat sweets and claim it’s a medical necessity (it sometimes is).
– You can get out of a boring meeting by claiming your blood sugar is low/high.
– You will meet the most awesome people, your fellow diabetics.