Offer: Build Your Bundle for up to 55% off Perfect Keto 11/29/19 – 12/2/19!
• 20% off 1 item
• 30% off 2
• 40% off 3
• 50% off 5 or more (no limit)
• 55% off the Daily Collection
I want to personally thank Perfect Keto for partnering with me to sponsor this video!
Holidays call for Christmas sugar cookies! Just because you're on a low carb diet doesn't mean you have to go without. Check out my recipe for these Low Carb Sugar Cookies – they're sugar free, gluten free and perfect for a keto diet!
Low Carb Sugar Cookies
by Highfalutin' Low Carb
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 scoop (3 Tbsp) Perfect Keto collagen
1/2 c. powdered erythritol (like Swerve)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup powdered erythritol
2 Tbsp heavy cream
food coloring as desired
water as needed for consistency
1. Sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, collagen powder, powdered sweetener and salt into the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix on low speed for a bit to help combine the dry ingredients.
2. Turn the speed up to medium and slowly add the softened butter cubes one at a time to the flour mixture. Let the mixer run for 1-2 minutes to incorporate the butter, but do NOT over-mix. Dough should be crumbly and slightly damp. Add in the vanilla and almond extracts and combine for just a few seconds.
3. Using your hands, make a ball with the dough and knead it together for a few seconds. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the chilled dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Dough should be about 1/4” thick. Place the rolled dough back in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to ensure it is chilled. This is how the cookies will maintain their shape while cooking.
5. Cut out your cookie shapes from the chilled dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Do NOT overcrowd the pan.
6. Bake on the center rack of a preheated 325 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. For soft and tender cookies, do not over-bake.
7. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to firm up.
8. If icing the cookies, mix the powdered sweetener with the heavy cream. Separate into 2-3 small bowls and add food coloring to each batch as desired. If needed, add small amounts of water to reach desired icing consistency.
9. Once the cookies have fully cooled, decorate and enjoy! Store in a tightly closed container with parchment paper to separate the layers.
Makes about 20 cookies.
Nutritional Info (per cookie)
Total Carbs: 5g
Net Carbs: 3.5g
#sugarcookies #lowcarbsugarcookierecipe #perfectketo