Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken w/ Cauliflower Mac + Cheese
(P: 40g | C: 15g | F: 28g)
1. In a small bowl, combine 1¾ lb chicken thighs (boneless skinless), 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp garlic powder and, 1 tsp kosher salt (½tsp table salt).
Place into air-fryer and cook at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes, or until done (Or cook as desired). When chicken is done cooking, cut into bitesize strips. Set aside.
2. While the chicken is cooking, put 1200 grams of frozen cauliflower into a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 20-25 minutes. Caution, the bowl will be very hot, and be careful when removing the plastic wrap. When cauliflower is done cooking, carefully drain any excess water (optional). Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine 14 grams (1Tbsp) EVOO and 17 grams garlic. Place over medium heat and lightly sautee and brown the garlic. Keep swirling pan and make sure not to burn the garlic. Once the garlic is done cooking, add to the pot 80 grams of Frank’s Hot Sauce. Add all the contents to a blender and blend till smooth, or use a stick blender. Once smooth, toss and coat the hot sauce to the cut chicken. Set aside.
4. In another small saucepan (you can clean out the one used in the last step 😉 ), combine 2½ tsp chicken powder, 7 grams sodium citrate, pinch salt, and ½ cup water. Whisk to combine and place over medium heat.
5. Once the water comes to a boil, add 175 grams of sharp cheddar cheese. Continue to whisk the mixture over heat till completely smooth (you can add a little more sodium citrate if needed).
6. Pour the melted cheese sauce over the cauliflower. Toss and combine with a rubber spatula until all of the cauliflower is covered.
7. Divide the cauliflower and chicken equally into 5 meal prep containers. Top each with fresh chopped chives. Enjoy!