These KETO ZUCCHINI FRIES are lightly coated in a mixture of Parmesan and almond flour and then air-fried until they’re nice and crunchy on the outside. We serve these up with ranch dressing for dipping.
I’m not sure if this is true world wide, but in America, fries are just a whole thing.
I love them and I miss them and I’m not here to tell you that these zucchini fries are going to replace every french fry craving you ever have, but I think you’re going to find them to be a nice substitute when you want something crispy and dippable!
We’re using the air fryer for this recipe. Air fried zucchini gets nice and crispy on the outside!
Be sure to whip up keto ranch dressing to dip these in. It’s the best!
- Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch strips about 4 inches long.
- Dunk the zucchini slices first in egg and then in a mixture of almond flour, Parmesan, and seasonings.
- Place in an air-fryer basket and spritz with oil.
- Air fry for 10 minutes.
It doesn’t get much easier or quicker than these air fryer zucchini fries!
And bonus: My kids love them too! I think they’ll eat anything they can eat with their hands and dunk in ranch. 😉
These are a fairly new side for us – we used to make this keto fried zucchini all the time. This one is just a bit easier since it’s air fried instead of fried in oil.
Air Fryer Recommendations:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We have two air fryers in our house.
One is the OMORC 6 Quart Air Fryer. It’s a traditional, basket type air fryer and it’s definitely my favorite when it comes to getting that fried taste and texture. We’ve had it for about 2 years now and it’s still going strong with regular use.
Our second air fryer is the Breville Smart Oven. It’s not super budge friendly, but we like it because it doubles (triples, quadruples?) as a toaster, air fryer, toaster oven, dehydrator and more. It has 13 different cooking functions, but we mostly use it as a toaster, toaster oven, and air fryer.
This one is a fabulous toaster oven, but we don’t find the ‘oven style’ air fryers to work quite as well in delivering that crispy, just fried texture as the basket types do. You can fit more food in this one though, which is nice!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Slice the zucchini into strips about ½ inch thick and 3-4 inches long, depending on the length of your zucchini. Pat dry.
- Add the egg to a shallow bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a second shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip the zucchini first into the egg and then into the almond flour mixture. Press the flour mixture onto the zucchini to help it stick.
- Place the zucchini in a single layer in an air fryer basket and spritz liberally with oil spray.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crispy and browned.
We prefer to use actual shredded Parmesan cheese, but the powdery kind in the green can should also work.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 57mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.