In less than 30 minutes, this quick & easy recipe will reproduce an authentic restaurant quality Punjabi Chicken Karahi at home. This Keto Low Carb Pakistani Chicken Karahi Recipe is a breeze to make and is also an Instant Pot Gem recipe that you can also make on the stovetop in a wide pan or wok.
Full Recipe Here:
Course: Main Courses
Keyword: Chicken Karahi, Indian Chicken Curry, Karahi Chicken
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g
Author: Urvashi Pitre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
* Instant Pot Gem or Greenpan Nonstick Skillet
* Measuring Cups
* CUTTING BOARD
* Good set of Kitchen Knives
* Coffee grinder to make the garam masala
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 2 tablespoons ginger (diced ) No really, 2 WHOLE Tablespoons of it
* 1 tablespoon jalapeño or serrano pepper, minced
* 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 4 pieces each
* 1 cup tomatoes chopped
* 2 teaspoons Turmeric
* 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
* 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne (okay, I used 2 teaspoons and love it but don’t start there)
* 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
* Heat your Instant Pot Gem on sear/Sauté to 400F or on the stovetop, heat a nonstick 10-inch pan and when it’s hot, add in the oil. You want a wide saucepan.
* To the hot oil, add the ginger and jalapeños.
* Note that I cut the ginger quite small. I made coins, then I made matchsticks, then I cut the dice. You want to do this so you don’t get a huge chunk of ginger in any one bite.
* Add the chicken and let the chicken sear on one side and then flip over.
* Add in tomatoes and stir well.
* Add all the spices and stir.
* Now, you’re going to cook this lovely, fragrant mixture until it is all well cooked. Do NOT add water. Do NOT cover.
* Stir once in a while. This is the point you’ll be happy you listened to me and used a nonstick pan or the Gem.
* As the chicken and tomatoes cook, you’re going to see the water evaporating, the tomatoes caramelizing and mushing up–and most importantly, the oil separating.
* Some of this oil is what you added, some of it is what’s being rendered out of any fat that was on the chicken.
* By the time the water has mostly or completely evaporated, your chicken will be done.
* Verify this with a meat thermometer so it is at 165F.
* Add all the finishing ingredients and have at it!
* You can make a vegetarian version of this with either Paneer, or with boiled chickpeas.
* It will be difficult to make this dish in the Instant Pot as I know several of you will ask. That is to say, you can’t cook it under pressure and get a dry dish. BUT. There’s nothing keeping you from cooking this on Sauté in your Instant Pot Pressure cooker.
Subscribe to my cooking channel to keep up with my latest recipes!
* New videos every Wednesday & Saturday. *
Check out my blog:
Like TwoSleevers on Facebook:
Join my Facebook group:
Follow me on Twitter:
Follow me on Instagram:
Check out my Cookbooks:
1. “Indian Instant Pot: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast” :
2. “Keto Instant Pot: Ketogenic Diet Pressure Cooker Recipes Made Easy and Fast”:
3. “Instant Pot Fast & Easy: 100 Simple and Delicious Recipes for Your Instant Pot”:
4. “Every Day Easy Air Fryer: 100 Recipes Bursting with Flavor”:
5. ”Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets & Treats: Over 100 Recipes and Ideas for Low-Carb Breads, Cakes, Cookies and More”:
6. ”Air Fryer Revolution: 100 Crispy, Healthy, Fast & Fresh Recipes”:
7. ”Easy Keto in 30 Minutes: More than 100 Ketogenic Recipes from Around the World”:
#TrustUrvashi #ruthlessEfficiency #PakistaniRecipes #PakistaniChickenKarahi #InstantPotGemRecipe #InstantPotGem #KetoChickenRecipes #PakistaniStreetFood #InstantPotGemChicken #PakistaniCuisine #TwoSleevers