Indian Healthy Breakfasts |Indian Low Carb Breakfast Recipes| 100 Subscribers Special(Thank You..!)
Hey Beautiful people..!
Today I am sharing with you Low Carb Indian healthy Breakfast recipes which are easy to make and rich in protein, fiber. A lot of us have started experimenting with a variety of dietary patterns to lose weight and to stay healthy. These Indian low carb breakfast recipes are great for weight loss, weight maintenance and healthy eating choices.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.To help you start your morning right, I have rounded up the best quick, simple, healthy and low carb breakfast ideas that will keep you energized all day.
These Indian low carb breakfast recipes are vegan/vegetarian and very simple ingredients yet very tasty and filling. There’s also no need to limit these healthy breakfast recipes to the morning hours. Expand your horizons and try these healthy Indian breakfast options to satisfy those breakfast-food cravings all day long.
Here are some great low-carb breakfast recipes(Indian style) that can be easily made in the mornings.
1.BESAN or CHICKPEA FLOUR CREPES
INGREDIENTS (1 CUP = 240ML )
Ingredients to make Besan Crepes
1 cup besan ( or gram flour)
½ tsp ajwain / carom/Cumin seeds
salt as needed
3 tbsps onions chopped finely
3 tbsps tomatoes chopped finely
1 green chili chopped finely
1 tsp grated ginger
1 handful coriander/Curry leaves chopped
2/3 to 1 cup water
2 tsp oil or ghee as needed
Preparation for Crepe/Chilla recipe
* Add besan, ajwain and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
* Add ginger, tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves and chilies. Pour enough water and make a batter of thick but pourable consistency.
* Heat a pan and grease it lightly with few drops of oil.
* Allow it to turn hot and reduce the flame to medium.
* Mix the batter well from the bottom. Take a ladle of batter and pour it in the center. Quickly spread it to a round cheela.
* Drizzle some oil around the edges and the center.
* Allow to cook until the edges leave the pan.
* Flip it to the other side.
* Press down the edges with a spatula. Fry until the cheela is cooked completely and gets golden spots.
* Serve besan cheela with ghee or chutney.
2.Paneer or Cottage Cheese Scramble
Ingredients to make paneer bhurji
* 1 cup Paneer or Cottage cheese crumbled (or 4 cups milk, 2 tsps lemon juice)
* 1½ tablespoon oil or as needed
* ½ teaspoon cumin or jeera
* 1 onion or ½ cup chopped finely
* 1 green chilli chopped (skip for kids)
* 1 teaspoon GINGER GARLIC PASTE or minced or grated
* 1 tomato chopped finely
* ¼ cup capsicum or green peas (optional)
* 1/8 teaspoon turmeric or haldi
* ¼ teaspoon salt or as needed
* ½ to ¾ teaspoon red chilli powder
* ¾ teaspoon garam masala powder
How to make paneer Scramble/Burji
* Add 1½ tbsp oil to a hot pan. Then add ½ tsp cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
* Next add ½ cup finely chopped onions and 1 chopped green chilli.
* Fry until lightly transparent or golden.
* Then add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste or mince, saute until the raw smell goes off.
* Add 1 finely chopped tomato, ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp turmeric.
* Fry until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
* Then add ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp kasuri methi & ¾ tsp garam masala.
* Mix and saute until the raw smell goes off from the mixture & the masala leaves the sides of the pan.
* Stir in ¼ cup peas or capsicum if using. Fry until capsicum turns slightly soft.
* Crumble paneer well and add to the pan.
* Stir and fry till everything blends well just for 2 minutes.
* Taste it and check the salt and spice. If needed add more salt.
* Turn off the stove. Add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
* Serve paneer bhurji bread.
* Sprinkle some lemon juice before serving.
3.Ragi or Finger Millet Porridge
Ingredients to make Ragi or Finger Millet Porridge
* 4 tablespoon RAGI FLOUR or (¼ cup) finger millet flour
* 1 ½ tablespoon sugar or jaggery/honey/dates
* 1½ cups Water
* 1 cup coconut/almond/whole Milk
* ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder (optional)
* 6 almonds or cashews or dry fruits powder (optional)
* Coconut flakes (optional)
* Mix together ragi flour and water in a pan.
* Mix well to ensure there are no lumps.
* Begin to cook this on a low to medium flame, stirring constantly to prevent burning and lumps.
* After few minutes, you can see ragi malt turns to a glossy thick consistency. Add sugar/ jaggery and milk as desired. Cook for 5 to 8 Mins.
* You can also add a tbsp of almond or dry fruits powder. Add some ghee as well.
4.Mixed Lentil Crepes or Dosa
Ingredients to make Mixed Lentil Crepe or Dosa
* ¼ cup green gram or mung beans
* ¼ cup chana dal or bengal gram
* ¼ cup toor dal or split pigeon peas
* ½ tsp cumin or jeera
* salt as needed
* ½ to ¾ cup water or as needed for batter
* oil or ghee – ½ to ¾ tsp for each dosa