This Keto Vanilla Cake recipe is light, tender, fluffy and easy to make. Our favorite low carb keto birthday cake recipe uses almond flour, coconut flour and is the perfect healthy dessert for spring and summer birthdays, baby showers, Mother’s Day, Easter parties or any time you’re craving a keto cake. Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo and freezer-friendly.
Get The Full Recipe Here:
We also have a Keto Chocolate Cake recipe here if you are a chocolate cake fan instead:
For the Cake
2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk , room temperature (or preferred milk)
4 large eggs , room temperature
2/3 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener OR preferred sweetener (use granulated pure maple sugar for paleo)
2/3 cup melted and cooled refined coconut oil or neutral flavored oil, can also sub with melted vegan butter or regular butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter or vegan butter , softened (sub with ghee or palm shortening for paleo)
3 – 3 1/2 cups powdered SWERVE or preferred powdered sweetener, sub with powdered maple sugar for paleo
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 – 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or preferred milk
raspberries or flowers
FOR THE CAKE:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly coat three 6-inch round cake pans or two 8-inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper rounds. Set-aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a measuring cup, measure out the almond milk and add the vinegar. Allow to sit and curdle for about 5 minutes while you mix the other ingredients.
In another separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, monk fruit sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond extract. Pour in the curdled milk and mix until combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
5. Evenly divide the batter between the baking pans and smooth out the tops with a spatula. Bake for 19-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow cakes to cool in the cake pans for at least 30 minutes, then carefully remove from cake pans. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely to room temp before frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING:
1. Using a hand mixer or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the softened butter and beat on high for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sweetener, vanilla extract, and almond milk and beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to frost.
FROST AND ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:
1. Once the cake layers are completely cool, invert the bottom cake layer onto a cake stand or cake platter and add a layer of frosting, smoothing with a spatula. Repeat with remaining layers (and sides of the cake, if desired with remaining frosting).
2.Decorate with flowers and a few fresh raspberries and chill in the fridge for an hour or two before slicing.
MY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Website with over 900 recipes:
Email Inquiries: lifemadesweeter (at) gmail (dot) com
#lowcarb #glutenfree #paleo