ON SALE: Two new eBooks! Visit the shop!
BBQ RANCH STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS are an easy and tasty dinner recipe that just happens to be low carb! If your family loves ranch, they’re going to love this tasty chicken!
It seems like every time I share a stuffed chicken recipe, y’all go absolutely crazy for it.
So here I am. Just giving the people what they want. 😉
I must say – I’ve really outdone myself with this one. While the spinach stuffed chicken recipe will likely always be the most popular recipe on my website, I think this bbq ranch version tastes fabulous, too. So much flavor packed into these chicken breasts!
If you’ve never made stuffed chicken before, I encourage you to give it a try. It’s really quite simple and once you’ve got the hang of it, you can get really creative with the recipes!
Want more chicken recipes? Check out my ebook – Family Friendly Chicken Dinners!
How to stuff chicken:
The easiest way I’ve found to make stuffed chicken breasts is to use a nice sharp knife to cut a deep pocket into the side of a boneless, skinless chicken breast.
You want the pocket to be fairly deep so that you can stuff the filling back in there so that it doesn’t ooze out during cooking.
Some people use toothpicks to hold the edges of the chicken breasts closed, but I find this unnecessary. A little bit of the cheese might come out, but not enough to worry about, in my experience.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The filling for this recipe is super simple. You’ll just need cream cheese, cheddar, and ranch seasoning.
Regarding the ranch seasoning: It’s important to note that the Hidden Valley ranch seasoning and ranch dip are two different products. The ranch dip packet has nearly twice as much sodium as the salad dressing & seasoning packet. If you use the dip mix, you will likely find this recipe too salty.
These three ingredients get mixed together to make the filling. Easy peasy!
You can use any sugar free BBQ sauce that you prefer or you can make a homemade bbq sauce. I’m still perfecting mine, but I’ll be sharing it with you soon.
Some popular store bought options:
Once you’ve sliced the pocket into your chicken, use a spoon to fill it with the cream cheese mixture.
Transfer your chicken to a greased 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
Spoon or brush the BBQ sauce over the top of the chicken and pop the dish in a hot oven. This recipe takes about 40 minutes to bake.
I like to add a little additional sauce on top about 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven.
Sprinkle with some green onions, chives, or parsley and then dig in!
My kids LOVED this one – it’s got all of the flavors they love and they don’t even realize it’s low carb.
What to serve with this recipe:
The filling in this chicken is pretty rich, thanks to the cream cheese, so I like to keep the sides fairly simple.
Serve it all up with my low carb biscuits.
For more side dishes, check out my eBook full of side dishes!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup sugar free BBQ sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Set chicken aside.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, and ranch seasoning to a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly into piece of chicken.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Brush each piece of chicken with 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce each.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Brush the remaining 4 tablespoons of sauce evenly over the chicken breasts and bake for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Be sure to use the packet of ranch seasoning and not ranch dip. The ranch dip is much more salty than the seasoning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 191mg Sodium: 1709mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 59g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.