Well hello there banters! Today I felt like something flavoursome and I decided to whip up this delicious Banting Butter Chicken and Garlic Naan (Flat Bread) recipe. It is one of my favourite dishes on the menu at our local indian restaurant and I simply needed to have this in my life lol.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Give it a try and let me have your thoughts? If you do it differently, feel free to share and let us know so that we can all benefit from each other. I love having you here and I would love to hear from you! Xx
5 Chicken fillet breasts (you can use chicken thighs if you prefer)
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp pink himalayan salt (to taste)
¾ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dry ginger (I did not have any at home at the time of making this recipe so I used fresh ginger)
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tblsp butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup fresh cream
1 ½ tblsp tomato paste
1. Cut the chicken pieces into bite sized chunks and coat well with all of the spices. Set aside.
2. On a medium heat setting, melt the butter in a large pan and then add the chopped onion and garlic. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
3. Now add the chicken and cook until almost done.
4. Add the fresh cream and the tomato paste and gently stir through. This will give it the lovely orange colour and silky texture.
5. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes on low heat.
6. Remove lid and stir gently.
7. The chicken is now ready to enjoy, however, if you prefer a thicker sauce, then cook it for a bit longer until the desired consistency is reached.
Garlic Naan (Flat Bread)
½ cup coconut flour
1 ½ tblsp psyllium husk powder
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp pink himalayan salt (to taste)
2 tblsp coconut oil
1 tblsp garlic
1 cup hot water
2 tblsp butter
1. Combine the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, salt, coconut oil and minced garlic to a bowl.
2. Add the hot water to the mixture and knead to form a soft dough. If the mixture is too dry, you can add more water.
3. Allow the dough to rest for approximately 15 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into portions as desired and roll out into discs using parchment paper and a rolling pin. I made 6 naan breads from this batch (even though the video shows me cutting the dough in 4 ).
5. Melt some butter in a pan on medium heat and add naan. Cook until brown on one side and then flip and brown the other side as well.
6. Remove from the pan and continue until all the naan (flat bread) pieces are cooked.
7. Enjoy with some yummy Banting Butter Chicken
Music Credit: Youtube Audio Library
Songs by Dan Henig :
Lights Go Down
Pluck It Up
banting recipes, banting diet, low carb recipes, ketogenic diet, lowcarb, butter chicken, banting butter chicken, recipes for weight loss, low carb meal ideas, low carb butter chicken, low carb naan, low carb flat bread, low carb meal ideas, banting naan, lchf, banting meal ideas, banting meal plan, best diet plan, banting lunch ideas, banting supper ideas, banting chicken recipe, banting flat bread, banting garlic bread, low carb garlic bread, garlic naan, banting bread, low carb diet, lowcarb foods