Are you looking for a fun and unique snack that’s quick and easy to make? Look no further than pickle chips with cheese! This tasty recipe combines pickles’ spicy taste with melted cheese’s melty goodness. Making a snack that both kids and adults will love. Baked pickle chips with cheese are a delicious and easy-to-make snack for any occasion. It combines the tangy crunch of pickle chips with the savoury goodness of melted cheese.
It creates a mouth-watering treat that will leave your taste buds singing. Pickle chips have been around for decades. And their popularity continues to grow as people discover new ways to enjoy them. So, let’s dive into this recipe and see how easy it is to make these cheesy pickle chips at home!
Health Benefits of Pickles Chips with Cheese
Baked pickle chips with cheese are flavorful and comforting but may not be healthy. Yet, pickles themselves do offer some potential health benefits, such as:
- Low in calories: Pickles are generally low in calories. Making them a good snack option for those watching their calorie intake.
- Source of antioxidants: Pickles contain vitamins C and beta-carotene. Which can help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Aid in digestion: The vinegar used to pickle the cucumbers also improves digestion. In the same manner, it also promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
Pickles are high in sodium, which can be problematic for people with high blood pressure. The cheese used in this recipe is also high in saturated fat and calories. Consuming these ingredients in excess can contribute to weight gain. So, enjoying baked pickle chips with cheese in moderation is crucial as part of a balanced diet. As with any food, it’s important to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Ingredients for baked pickle chips with cheese
List of all the ingredients required
- Pickle chips: This recipe requires about 1 cup of pickle chips.
- Shredded cheese: Cheddar or mozzarella works well. You can use any shredded cheese you like.
- All-purpose flour: This is good for coating the pickle chips before baking.
- Paprika: This adds a smoky flavour to the recipe.
- Garlic powder: This gives the dish a delicious, savoury taste.
- Salt and pepper: These are excellent for seasoning the dish.
- Pickle chips: You can use any pickles you prefer, such as dill or sweet pickles.
- Shredded cheese: You can experiment with pepper jack or Swiss too.
- All-purpose flour: You can use almond flour or cornstarch as a gluten-free option.
- Paprika: You can replace it with cayenne pepper or chilli powder for a spicier kick.
- Garlic powder: You can use fresh minced garlic or onion powder instead.
- Salt and pepper: You can use any type of seasoning you like, such as Cajun seasoning or Italian seasoning.
Equipment for baked pickle chips with cheese
List of all the equipment required
- Baking sheet: You will need a baking sheet to bake the pickle chips.
- Parchment paper: This lines the baking sheet and prevents pickle chips from sticking.
- Mixing bowl: You will need a mixing bowl to combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk: This is an excellent choice to combine the dry ingredients.
- Tongs: You will need tongs to dip the pickle chips in the flour mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
Nordic Ware Big Sheet Prism Baking
Pop-Up Parchment Paper Sheets
Prepware Mixing Bowl Set
French Egg Whisk
Silicone Flexible Tongs
- Baking sheet: You can use an alternative baking dish or oven-safe skillet.
- Parchment paper: You can use aluminium foil or a silicone baking mat as an alternative.
- Mixing bowl: You can mix the dry ingredients with any bowl or container.
- Whisk: You can use a fork or a spoon to mix the dry ingredients if you don’t have a whisk.
- Tongs: You can use a fork or a slotted spoon to dip the pickle chips in the flour mixture if you don’t have tongs.
Preparation of baked pickle chips with cheese
Step-by-step instructions for preparing the pickle chips and cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Dip each pickle chip in the flour mixture, making sure it’s coated.
- Place the coated pickle chips on the baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the pickle chips.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips for achieving the best results
- Use pickle chips that are not too thin or too thick.
- Make sure the flour mixture covers the pickle chips.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet to ensure even cooking.
- If you want the best results, you should shred the cheese before using it.
- Let the baked pickle chips cool for a few minutes before serving to prevent burning your mouth.
Variations of the recipe
· Add cooked bacon bits on top of the cheese for extra flavour.
· Substitute the shredded cheese with cream cheese for a creamy texture.
· Use a combination of different types of cheese, such as cheddar and pepper jack.
· Sprinkle chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, on top of the cheese for added freshness.
Serving and Storage Tips
Suggestions for serving the baked pickle chips with cheese
- Serve them as an appetizer at your next party.
- Enjoy them as a snack while watching your favourite movie.
- Pair them with a cold beer or your favourite beverage.
- Serve them with a dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing or honey mustard.
Tips for storing the leftovers
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the leftover pickle chips in the oven to maintain their crispy texture.
Ideas for using the leftovers
- Chop the leftover pickle chips and sprinkle them on the salad for added crunch.
- Use the leftover cheese and pickle chips to make a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Top a burger or sandwich with the leftover pickle chips and cheese for extra flavour.
- Add the leftover pickle chips and cheese to a quesadilla for a unique twist on a classic dish.
Another Recipe with only 3 Ingredients
This snack is easy to make and low in carbs. You only need 3 things, plus sea salt.
Cheddar cheese: Shredded cheese is best for this dish. You could also use Colby Jack or pretty much any other cheese you like.
Use your favourite brand of dill pickle chips.
Bagel seasoning: You can use other spices or none in this recipe. Everything bagel seasoning is an excellent choice.
it adds the right amount of salty and savoury flavour that complements the dill pickle taste.
Flaky sea salt – Optional for more taste.
A dill pickle cheddar chip with a hole.
Making Cheddar Cheese Chips
It’s quick and easy to make cheese and pickle chips. They make a great snack because they only take 5 minutes to assemble.
- Bring in the cheese. Spray a muffin top pan with something that won’t stick. Put the cheese shreds on each circle.
- Put the pickle chips on top. Add two or three dill pickle chips to each circle. Top with everything bagel spice.
- Bake. Bake at 375F for 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges brown. (Keep an eye on them because they can go from done to burnt. Take it out of the oven and put sea salt on it.
- Cool. Let the cheese chips cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes. Then put them on plates lined with paper towels to drain and get crisp.
- Enjoy. Serve hot with ranch on the side, if you want.
Tips and Variations on a Recipe
Here are some tips for making these tasty cheddar pickle chips and a few different ways to make them.
- Use shredded cheese. Compared to pre-shredded bags of cheese, it will taste better and melt better.
- Try a variety of cheeses. As was already said, you can use any cheese you want instead of cheddar. A good choice is white cheese.
- Change the number of pickles. Depending on how big the pickle slices are, you can put between one and four on each cheddar chip.
- Try peppers instead. Try coated jalapeno slices instead of dill pickles.
- Check to see if the cheese is getting brown. If you don’t bake these until the cheese bubbles and the sides brown, they won’t get crispy.
- Cool first in the pan. If you try to take the chips out of the pan right away, you’ll end up with melted cheese on your hands. Give it a few minutes to set to move it to the paper towel plate.
- Instead, bake right on parchment paper. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Make mounds of the cheese mixture, leaving about 2 inches between each. Flatten them with the back of the spoon.
Dill pickle cheddar cheese chips are a great snack to have at any time. We like to dip them in ranch sauce, but if you are watching your carb intake, you might want to eat them as they are. Both ways are super tasty!
You can serve it as a low-carb side dish instead of french fries with burgers, hot dogs, or any other meal.
How long do Cheddar Chips last before they go wrong? Eat your dill pickle cheddar chips on the same day for the crispest chips. But you can keep them at room temperature for up to 3 days in a container that keeps out air.
This recipe for baked pickle chips with cheese has a unique twist. Coat the pickle chips in a flavorful flour mixture in this recipe. Then, they’re baked in the oven until crispy. Finally, top with melted cheese, creating a delicious and satisfying snack or appetizer.
The combination of crispy pickle chips and gooey melted cheese is winning. It’s a great way to please your craving for something savoury and comforting. Plus, this recipe is easy to make and requires minimal prep time. So, it’s perfect for when you want a tasty snack in a hurry!
If you’re a fan of pickles and cheese, then you’ll definitely want to try this recipe. It’s easy to make, and the result is a fun and flavorful snack that’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. You can also customize the recipe by adding your favourite seasonings or toppings. We recommend giving these pickle chips with cheese a try!
Q1: Can I use any type of pickle for this recipe?
A: You can use any type of pickle that you like for this recipe. But keep in mind that the flavour may vary depending on the type of pickle you choose. Dill pickles are famous, but you could also try using bread and butter pickles. Sweet pickles or spicy pickles for different flavour options.
Q2: Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any type of cheese that melts well for this recipe. Cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper jack are all good options. But you could also try using a cheese blend or a more exotic cheese like brie or gouda.
Q3: Can I make these ahead of time?
A: These baked pickle chips are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. But you can make them ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving. Be aware that the texture may not be as crispy after reheating.
Q4: Are these baked pickle chips healthy?
A: Pickles offer some potential health benefits. These chips with cheese are not so healthy food. They are high in calories, saturated fat, and sodium. So, enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Q5: Can I add other seasonings to the flour mixture?
A: Feel free to experiment with different seasonings to customize the flavour of these. Garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika are all good options.